Saturday, May 2, 2015

Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop: Bokeh Technique

Welcome to the Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop!  For the month of May, we will featuring techniques, starting with the very popular Bokeh effect.

http://www.createwithconnieandmary.com/create-with-connie-and-mary/2015/05/saturday-blog-hop-bokeh-backgrounds.html
You should be arriving from Mary's fabulous blog Stampercamper's Corner, wasn't her card gorgeous?!!  Be sure to hop all the way around so you don't miss anything, we have lots of great ideas for you!

I personally LOVE this very popular technique, it's so fun to experiment with!  I actually did two cards to share since I was having such a blast playing around with different color combinations.

Each card is soft and pretty but unique.  Let's take a closer look!

Can I just say how much I love these colors together....perfect for a sweet baby!  On watercolor paper I combined Crisp Cantaloupe, Pool Party and Pistachio Pudding for a yummy look that reminds me of rainbow sherbert!

Pool Party stars added with the decorative mask tie in nicely with the focal point.  The sentiments from Celebrate Today were super fun too.  I like that they are totally different yet work together beautifully!

I went in a different direction for the sentiment on my second card.  It's yummy with a swirl of Strawberry Slush, So Saffron and Crisp Cantaloupe.  Are you hungry for sherbert yet??

Pretty hearts sponged in Strawberry Slush add so much to the bokeh background!  I love the white soft focus circles by themselves, but for me the addition of hearts is the cherry on the top!

The gorgeous sentiment from Hello Life was so perfect for this card heat embossed in white.  What can I say, the card just makes me happy....especially with pretty Strawberry Slush sequins scattered about!

Are you ready for some more bokeh??!!  It's time to hop on over to Debbie Henderson's beautiful blog Debbie's Designs to see the beautiful card she has for us.

http://debbiesdesignsblog.blogspot.com/2015/05/create-with-connie-mary-saturday-blog.html

Thanks so much for hanging out with us today!! I hope you give the bokeh technique a try, it's addicting!!


Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin



1 comment:

wannabcre8tive said...

Your cards are absolutely beautiful.