Monday, May 4, 2015

Love You Dad

It's time for a Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge!!  Now that the challenges are every other week you have more time to create and join us!  This week's sketch is so versatile, you can do so many things with it.

I had just gotten my April My Paper Pumpkin when I sat down to work on this card.  I played around with some of the extra bits and pieces and ended up with a fun card for Father's Day.

For me, one of the exciting challenges with My Paper Pumpkin kits is using every last bit, even the parts you may not think of.  This card is a great example of this....guess where I got the stripes.

Yep, I cut out the strips of color that were left over from the punch outs.  Perfect for the sketch!

To add a matting to the sentiment, I cut down a blue card base.  I used part of the extra for the bottom strip of paper then saved the rest for another time!

And of course the card wouldn't be finished without one of the fun bows from the kit.  It couldn't be easier, just punch out the pieces and assemble!

So now it's up to you!  How about joining us and make a card!  You have two weeks to create and link up.  Just go to Technostamper for all the details plus more great samples from the Design Team.


Mary Jo Price- Williams:  Technostamper 
Sue Root:  Stampin' With Sue2
Robbie Rubula: InkedX2 
Eileen LeFevre: Eileen's Stampin' Fever Blog 
Tanya Bell: Stamping T! 
Carolyn Bennett: Carolyn's Paper Fantasies 
Jonia Smith: Stampin for Me 
Mary Brown: Stamper Camper

Thanks for stopping by!! Happy Stamping!
SHOP anytime and earn FREE STAMPS!
The RETIRING LIST is here! Grab great discounts!!

Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love, love, love your card Nicole! I was gasping thinking you just cut up parts of the kit until I read your post. Yes, I like to use every piece too! Great job!

Jan Hoyt said...

very cute "alternative" to the kit and I loved the way you repurposed the kit scraps into accents for your card!

MJ said...

This is as cute as can be, love that bow tie. and that sentiment is adorable. Awesome masculine card! Thanks so much for being on the TSSC team!