Friday, May 22, 2015

World's Best Father

With Father's Day fast approaching, I have been working on cards for the men in my life.  I bet you can guess my go to set for masculine cards..... yep....Guy Greetings!

I was one happy camper when this set showed up in the Occasions Catalog and even happier now that it's going into the new Annual Catalog!  You can do something for every guy in your life, it's really got a little bit of everything!  My hubby is a carpenter by trade so the tools in this set were a no brainer for his card this year.  My inspiration???  Well, Create with Connie and Mary has a great color challenge going so that's where I started.

When the new In Colors were revealed, I started something new to help with color inspiration.  I punched circles for all the color families so I can sit down and put together great new combinations.  I have been taking pictures of the circles next to my cards whether new colors or old to show them off better.  So, here's today's colors with my card.

 I started with the tools first, they make up the background along with a few splotches from Gorgeous Grunge.  I stamped off the Smokey Slate and Blackberry Bliss for a more subtle look.

The muscle guy is stamped with Smokey Slate on an oval and layered on Soft Sky.  I didn't want a big border, so I fussy cut so just a hint of blue was showing.  "World's Greatest" and "Father" are stamped in the bold Blackberry Bliss so it will stand out the most.  Both are popped up with dimensionals to complete the look I was going for.


I am loving how cool and grungy this card turned out and sure my husband will too!!  He'll take any muscle man compliment that he can get!

So, the moral of the story here......get Guy Greetings and make some cool cards for the men in your life too!

That's it for me today, be sure to head back over here tomorrow for the Create with Connie and Mary Saturday Blog Hop!
Happy Stamping!
SHOP anytime and earn FREE STAMPS!
The RETIRING LIST is here! Grab great discounts!!

Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin






6 comments:

Jenny Engelke said...

What a cool dad's card! I never thought of these colors going masculine but this is fabulous! Thanks for sharing at the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

AB. said...

Everything about this is cool, cool, COOL!!! The background rocks and the hipster font of the sentiment oval is awesome. Thanks for joining us at Create with Connie and Mary this week. :)

Chris Slogar said...

What a great Father's Day card! I love your background with the tools and grunge, and it all looks great it these colors. Also love how you thinned the oval mat! Thank you for joining us at Create with Connie and Mary!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I would never have thought thought to use these colours for a masculine card Nicole but this card really works them! I love the tools and grunge background and the composition is just great. Fab card! Thanks for joining us over at Create With Connie and Mary this week!

Anonymous said...

I love your idea of punching out circles of the color families! I think I am going to have to try that. This card is wonderful as always Nicole. Love how you took soft colors and made them manly! Thanks for playing along this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

Mary Brown said...

These soft colors so say feminine to me and I just LOVE how you turned it into a masculine card. Like the use of the punched out colored circles too to show the colors. Thanks for joining us this week!