Monday, June 15, 2015

Gift from the Garden

How about something new today?  I hope you have been enjoying the fun Sprinkles of Life cards, but let's take a look at another great new set.  Today I am featuring Gift from the Garden along with some other new goodies.

You know what??  Everything on this card is NEW!  The stamps, the embossing, the designer paper....all of it!  But before we go any further, let's talk about inspiration.  For this card I looked to the sketch challenge from Create with Connie and Mary to help me put all these great new products together.

My initial thought started with the two panels on the sketch, perfect for designer paper.  So, I went to my stash and pulled the GORGEOUS new paper ENGLISH GARDEN.  I picked a couple of designs then the colors to work with.  I focused on Tip Top Taupe, Blushing Bride and Pear Pizzaz.  I just have to say that these three colors are FABULOUS together!!

I added texture with the super cool Brick Wall embossing folder.  This was so perfect for a garden stamp set!!  I know we'll be seeing lots of this folder in the future, so fun to work with and a serious must have!

I wanted a collage look for the large focal panel, but I didn't want it overwhelming.  So I kept it light by stamping off once to make a muted look.  Now for the sentiment, I wanted it to be bolder and stand out.  So, I went with Soft Suede and it worked perfectly.  I also have a little TIP for you today.  When it comes to cutting out SMALL stamped images, I find that they bend as I cut them which is a real bummer.  BUT I have a solution!  The new Thick Whisper White cardstock is AMAZING!  I stamped my shovel and cut it out easily, no bending and no wrinkling!  This cardstock should be in everyone's craft room, so many ways to use it!

Last but not least, I added the cute polka dot boots to the envelope to tie it all together.  So, that's it for me today!   I'll be back with more inspiration from the new catalog.  I've been playing with the super gorgeous Watercolor Wings and have lots to share with you!

Until next time, Happy Stamping!


Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


9 comments:

Chris Slogar said...

This card puts me in a "happy place". It is a backyard garden in warm, inviting colors - love, love, love it!! Great idea to cut the shovel from the heavy Whisper White! Thank you for joining us at Create with Connie and Mary!

Cynthia Ferenz said...

Cute card!

Jenny Engelke said...

This is such a fun card, Nicole! I love the watercolor DSP...it goes so nicely with the gardener images. Thanks for playing with us at Create with Connie and Mary!

Connie Babbert said...

Beautiful! Love how you randomly stamped the different images to create some "DSP". Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

Anonymous said...

Love love love this Nicole! The Brick Wall embossing folder is perfect for a garden themed card. Great tip on the new card stock! Thanks for playing this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

AB. said...

What a truly fantastic card! I love the DSP and your custom stamped DSP...and the cute fussy cut shovel. Just gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Create with Connie and Mary this week. :)

Mary Brown said...

Oh my word...what a WONDERFUL card! I've been eyeing this set and you just may make me buy it! Thanks for playing along this week Nicole!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a gorgeous showcase of new product - so much loveliness on one card! Love the wellies on the envelope though - they really made me smile! Thanks for joining us over at Create with Connie and Mary this week!

Margaret Raburn said...

I love your card, Nicole, beginning with the brick wall which is a perfect background for the garden theme card! Beautiful choices of DSP and love the DSP which you stamped yourself! Yes, you might just make me want this set because your card is so charming! Thanks for playing with us at Create with Connie and Mary this week!