Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Shake it Up Part Two!

As promised I am back with another bold shaker card.  This one uses the sketch from Try Stampin' on Tuesday.  


As with the first shaker card, I went bold with black and white plus a splash of color.

Isn't this just too much fun!!  I simply LOVE the March My Paper Pumpkin so I thought why not make a shaker??!!  What got me thinking about it was the fun little epoxy stickers. 

As you can probably tell, the card doesn't just use the one paper pumpkin.  I actually took from the All Shook Up December 2014 My Paper Paper Pumpkin.  The sequins in the kit went perfect with the Pool Party epoxy sticker.  I also used the dimensional strips to form the shaker.  Guess where I pulled the shaker portion from??  Hello Life Project Kit!!  They have great chalkboard frames in the kit that were just right for this card.

The "Thank" is heat embossed in white to stand out.  I could have used white craft ink, but it would take awhile to dry and I was feeling impatient!  Since there wasn't an "s" on the sentiment, I added "you" to the inside of the card.

Pretty cool huh!!  I tried adding a die cut "u" after "thank", but it just didn't look right.  So the Hello You thinlets came to my rescue!

Now it's your turn to make a card and join us this week!!  You can give a shaker card a try or do whatever inspires you at the moment!   All the details about the challenge plus lots of inspiration from the Design Team is at Try Stampin' on Tuesday.

Thanks for visiting!! Until next time, Happy Stamping!!


Print Friendly and PDF

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


4 comments:

Ina G said...

Love your shaker card Nicole. So bold and bright and a great idea to add the 'you' inside.
I have just made my first one and is this weeks challenge over at Just Us Girls. Love to see it entered there.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Love the design of this fun shaker card! Great choice of colors, too :) Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

Anonymous said...

What a great sentiment for your shaker card! I love the turquoise you used on black and white!
Really great card!
Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!

Chris Dring said...

Love the colors, patterns and design of your shaker card! Thanks for joining us at Just Us Girls!